Saturday, July 14, 2012

First

I can't quite explain the sudden compelling urge to start a blog but here I am, at 2.17am, putting way too much thought into what I am typing because being the paranoid person I am, I'm afraid of judgements as much as ridicule. I'm also trying to push aside thoughts of assignments and project work deadlines, at least just for the weekend. Afterall, I swear by the notion that weekends are sacred. 


My last post on blogger was in 2008, and although I couldn't help but feel embarrassed at the naivete and immaturity of my 13 year old self, it also striked me how I'm actually 17 this year and before I know it I'll probably be married and then a mother, and then a grandmother and yup you know how the story goes..
More serious stuff for another day though. Tonight, I finally got the chance to listen to Twin Shadow's new album, Confess, and I've already gotten myself a few favourites.



George Lewis Jr.'s music just puts me in a really happy, feel-like-dancing kinda mood and with all that's been happening I really appreciate what it does to me. I'm not entirely fond of how I tire of songs rather quickly, but I think TS's are an exception.

And to usher in the weekend, I decided to treat myself to some retail therapy and made a few online transactions. Now I've to wait for 6 packages to come and I'm pretty sure the waiting will kill me. I'm quite a fan of Fleuraw and I've purchased a pair of shoes, to add on to my previous order of some printed trousers. Since I got my hair chopped off I've been trying to wear more structured stuff with lots of different fabrics, and I bet it piles even more years on me. But I just feel I look better that way, I don't know, just how I'm feeling.




for school, because my UO plimsolls have fallen apart

Saturday begins for me in a few hours, hope it'll surprise me, but who am I kidding, it's not like anything can happen when I have physics tuition right smack in the middle of the day. The pains of being a student.

BTW, please do check out my page, www.facebook.com/shopthriftsh, I've just updated so check it out! :)







No comments: