Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Banana Crumb Muffins




Introducing my Ego & Greed shoes from Asos that came in the mail yesterday. They are so high I am contemplating selling them because I can't see myself walking far in these, I foresee many embarrassing falls in the near future should I bring myself to leave the house in them. 
I think the fringe details are abit to OTT as well. It was on sale so I HAD to get it.

I'm much happier today despite an earlier fiasco, and dinner with Sanjeev went really well yesterday. Found myself in constant banter with the guy who I am still so thankful for having met at tuition. Don't know how to even drag myself all the way to Parkway Parade and to endure 2 hours of PHYSICS tuition if not for a good friend making things much less of a drag. Pigged out and had two servings of cotton candy, tau huey, brownie, cheesecake and ice cream samples as well as bubble tea. Good God.

  I've been thinking of what to bake the entire morning in school, and due to the lack of time, I decided oozey gooey sticky cinnamon buns had to take a rain check. Whipped up chocolate chip banana crumb muffins instead and no regrets. I think I've found the ultimate banana muffin recipe.

Good things should be shared so here it is:


  • 190 g all-purpose flour
  • 5 g baking soda
  • 5 g baking powder
  • 3 g salt
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 150 g white sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 75 g butter, melted
  • 75 g packed brown sugar
  • 15 g all-purpose flour
  • 0.3 g ground cinnamon
  • 15 g butter





Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

I recommend throwing in a lot more bananas if you want moist muffins, and adding a little milk until you get a gooey and sticky consistency. It should still take a little force to get the batter out of your spoon. I doubled the recipe and used 8 bananas instead of 6, just so I wouldn't end up with dense muffins, as well as threw in  half a pack of chocolate buttons. These babies rise quite a bit so fill 3/4 of the muffin cups and you're good to go.


















         After finding out that granola was actually ''carbohydrates cooked in fat" I swore to never touch these vile clusters of death ever again but while waiting for my muffins to cook I couldn't resist some :(








Utter perfection.


                And you have yourselves the perfect banana muffin. Moist, buttery, soft, light, everything and anything a muffin should be.
 
Although I admit they look like cheese/coconut muffins...














                        Stayed long enough for my maid to bring out dinner

LOL






                                                                Souffle..hahahha


left

right

hi

No comments: