Friday, December 21, 2012

Today is a joke

I will NOT say anything about the poorly predicted apocalypse.

Let's just say I had a good last day on Earth.


Been thoroughly obsessed with the likes of The 1975(who just released a couple of songs), Fiona Apple, Bat for Lashes and Foals.


My cheeks were reflecting the longest wavelength
My fan was folded up and grazing my forehead
And I kept touching my neck to guide your eye to where I wanted
You to kiss when we find some time alone

My scars were reflecting the mist in your headlights
I looked like a neon zebra shaking rain off of stripes

And the rivulets had you riveted to the places that I wanted you to
Kiss me when we find some time alone


I don't know about you, but I'm really not feeling the Christmas spirit this year. Maybe too much time abroad is to blame, it can be quite disconcerting sometimes. It's also official; I've spent all my savings. What's more worrisome though is the fact that I can't quite remember what I've spent them on. 


In my effort to purge any essence of Ebenezer Scrooge in me, I am signing myself up for the Christmas Immersion Programme where I will force my ears to endure cliched Christmas songs, load up on the christmas cookies and leg of ham and accessorize with those darn reindeer antlers.


What I really mean is putting The XX's Last Christmas on repeat and wearing my "Merry Freaking Christmas and a Crappy New Year" baseball tee.

No comments: