Friday, January 4, 2013

thought catalog

But there is only so much I can convince myself about how you feel and what you think before I am making a fool of us both. I am not interested in being the person who follows you around, the embarrassing little girl whose inability to control her own emotions makes it okay to treat her however you want. As much as I look forward to your temporary lapses in judgment which allow you to tell me everything you know I want to hear, I know that they are not good for me.

I know that I have been allowing this game to be played for far longer than I should have, and that there is nowhere positive for this to go. So I will fight that instinctive desire to be hurt and walk away. I won’t make dramatic proclamations about erasing you from my memory or wishing I had never known you. I must learn to take away the power over me that I have given to you and put it towards parts of my life which aren’t so dead-set on hurting me. And even if my newfound independence inspires in you a renewal of your desire to exert your control over me, your efforts will be wasted.


Just a more dramatic rendition of my feelings right now, but thank you Charlotte Green, you said it, girl.



No comments: