Thursday, January 3, 2013

cereals stuff

I'm back to questioning my choices in life, again.

School starts come Monday and it's triggered an entire whirlwind of deep thought and I feel my heart plummet at the thought of having chosen the wrong educational path, especially.

"You want to do Mass Comm? Then why are you in science fac? Why are you in JC?" 

"Why didn't you go to poly?"

I don't bloody know okay I have always thought myself to be spineless and aimless and prey to perceived expectations of people. I've always been nudged in the direction of professionalism; law or medicine. I never thought I had it in me to make known the truly saddening fact of the matter: that I have no inclination whatsoever to the two. Field trips to the supreme court and conversations with med school kids never succeeded in manifesting in me more passion.

In reassurances from the people around me that I was still young and there was still time to find direction and figure out my goals in life, I drew comfort.

I was told law was too serious for me, I wouldn't bode well with rigidity and I should seek out something that would complement my bubbly personality(I do not think of myself as bubbly but people seem to think so)

What am I passionate about really?

I guess I'd say, food, fashion and writing. 3 things I wouldn't mind immersing myself into for days at a time. Drowning myself in a bottomless pit of bread and butter pudding and creme anglaise, very tempting no?

I remember wanting to be a merchandiser when I was younger. To a girl that was beginning to know the difference between a messenger bag and a satchel, being paid to shop seemed like a dream. 
I know I have a hell lot to learn if I ever want to write as a profession, but perhaps I will only dabble a little in journalism. PR and Advertising and Events Management sound just about right though.

I really don't know. An epiphany soon, please?


No comments: