Friday, January 11, 2013

I seek connection.
Conversations that bring out the child in me, and the sparkle of enthusiasm and excitement in his eyes.
I will sometimes trip over my words, or momentarily find them stolen from me, when concentration on his face, yes the one that contorts in the most adorable of ways when he laughs, overwhelms me.
It bewilders me.
That out of all the places and people he could be in and with,
He chose me.
And that alone is worth some seconds of silent worshipping, pausing of dialogue.
My mind is glued to the spot on the back of my hand where his thumb is tracing in the tiniest of circles.
It has been that way, for minutes, hours maybe.
Time is not accounted for when one is so deeply lost in conversation, no intention to be found.
We don't kiss, or mind the subtle tingling in our loins.
Because at this moment our decibels and hertz are wreaking some kind of kismet havoc in the air.

Some days we turn on the tv, but it seems we watch more off each others' eyes, than the screen itself.

No comments: