Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mac and cheese

It's really not funny how bad I want to sink my teeth into a macaroni and have the cheese sauce from the inside squirt out and scald my tastebuds for days. I think what's funnier is how I actually googled "macaroni singular" because I wanted to be sure I phrased it right, and yup macaroni is still macaroni singular or plural so I am right. The satisfaction I derive from being grammatically correct is ridiculous.

Macaroni or penne or basically any type of pasta that allows sauce to creep into its crevices never fails to scald my tongue. Or maybe I'm just a really impatient person. Most of the time I scald my tongue from eating pasta or porridge or ban mian in school. Seriously, how do people wait? I know I can't wait to get all of it in my mouth. Just like how when eating in a big group, and my food arrives I'm like god damn, it smells so good..and I just about pick up my fork and no, I have to wait for 20 other dishes to arrive first and by that time my katsu is soggy or my noodles are soggy or my cream sauce has coagulated and I did not pay $15 for coagulated soggy pasta. So you know what, I don't wait. I just tuck in. Sorry for the lack of dining etiquette. I can't help it, I'm just a really really hungry person.

I went to the gym today and once again succeeded in embarrassing the crap out of myself like I always do when I'm alone, at the gym. I basically tried to operate machines that were way beyond what my TVD-saturated brain could comprehend and gave up after 3 seconds. And don't even get me started on my stamina. 7 days without gymming and BAM I huffed and I puffed and finally gave up.

Going back to fantasizing about a huge casserole dish of mac and cheese and bacon bits and mushrooms and diced honey ham with a whole lot of different cheeses parmesan and gruyere and whatever on top baked to bloody perfection oh yum goodbye drifting off to cheeseland oh cheeeesus


No comments: