Friday, November 8, 2013

I wish I spent more time splintering wooden doors than having them slam in my face
If I had more resolve in me maybe I'd allow you to spread coats of poster paint with your tongue 
On the fingernail scratches littering the jaundiced bones of my ribcage 
Sometimes I think my mind is too big for my body
I also think about how silence was never our best trait but there are days when I'm lying on your chest and I become painfully aware of the thump thump thump of the doldrums
And the fear we will wither away tastes like gall in the back of my throat 
Because there will be days that salty tsunamis will clog my lungs and cheap talk and paint will wash away in clouds of dissipating colours 
I'll grab them with my fists in hopes of capturing the pigments only to lose them
Like that day I held on to the fabric of your shirt only to have you wrench away
Your smile was playful
And I sank my teeth into your shoulder 
All while my thoughts went on like a litany in my head, please don't get away please don't get away please don't get away please 


No comments: