Friday, August 2, 2013

Don't swallow the cap

I can hardly stand up right.

I hit my head up on the light.
I have faith but don't believe it.
It's not there enough to leave it.



Everything I love is on the table.
Everything I love is out to sea.



I have only two emotions,
careful fear and dead devotion.
I can't get the balance right,
with all my marbles in the fight.
I see all the ones I went for,
all the things I had it in for.
I won't cry until I hear,
because I was not supposed to be here
I'm tired. I'm freezing. I'm dumb.

When it gets so late I forget everyone.
I need somewhere to stay.
I don't think anybody I know is awake.
Calm down, it's alright,
keep my arms the rest of the night.
When they ask what do I see,
I say a bright white beautiful heaven hanging over me.

No comments: