Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tell me the one place you hate to be kissed
And I'll tread your body like uncharted territory 
Avoiding that felonious diameter
Finding the spot where pucker meets sigh 
Tell me which part you hate most
You know the one you shuffle away
From the mirror to avoid catching
On the way to the shower
And I'll show you there's nothing not
To love about you
Tell me about that one place you lost your first kiss at
The very first attempts at awkward
Fumbling and haphazard trial and error
And we'll laugh about it and rewrite that memory 
As selfish as that may seem
Tell me about that dream you had when you were 12, stepping out of your adolescence
Of the girl you would marry
Did she have eyes like mine?
I bet the gleam in hers lacked the fluorescence of mine when you look at me
Tell me about that barely there scar on your knee
When your over-zealous self fell in your haste to take possession of that ball
I still see that part of you in your
Steady attempts to pin me down in
Yet another one of those tickling wars
Tell me about that one time you were misunderstood 
You'd slow down your speech cautiously 
Reminiscing still hurt
But with my thumb tracing circles on your wrist
You'd know I'd understand 
Tell me how lost you feel some nights
About the amorphousness of the future
When the opacity of what's ahead steals your breath
I'll be silent for awhile 
And then apologise for lacking the answers and that
All I can tell you is 
Your figure is the only shadow I
Can make out in the darkness






No comments: