Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tell me you don't, tell me you do

Love me not because it's convenient
Love me not because you think it will save you 
Love me not because you value presence above companionship
Worse still, contact above conversation
Love me because every time we kiss
I am paying disservice to your teeth
Obsessed with your lip between mine
Love me not because I fit in the coffin you bought her
Sometimes I taste splinters on my tongue from the hole she tore through with her fist
Love me not because I'm good with words
For I can only write free-verse
Love me because I can but I can't stop stuttering when I try to tell you 
How I get dizzy when your breath tunnels through my ear like incense into my nose
Love me because I was a lifeless drone until you walked into my life, 
Your pulse my metronome 
Love me not because I fit in your hands 
Love me because I don't
I never will

Love me because you've never loved the feeling of something slipping between your fingers, ever, until now.




No comments: