Monday, March 10, 2014

in contrast

I made a deal with God the other day
My right cheek squashed against the nape of your neck
I swore I'd turn the other but I didn't want you to stir
Our bodies were touching,
thermal equilibrium
but I felt a steady heat starting from the tips of my toes to the ends of my hair
it was beyond any science
I dare say you are a work of art

you hate it when I stiffen as you start to talk about Him
and you meander on while I sit
struck with rigor mortis
is that look supposed to be love?
because I sense only judgement
your mouth a thin line
and mine a minefield
if I say the wrong thing again
will you hold us both through the wreckage?
plot twist: you left me to die, amassed with sins
while you buried your own in weed and tobacco

I smile as he softly snores and I allow
myself to drown in soliloquies
he loves me so much better 



No comments: