Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Cheers to you

I'm brimming with so much emotion right now and I guess I needed to translate all that into words so I can always come back here and find my way back to you on days when I need that added reassurance but rest assured I will not forget I cannot forget the way you love, earnest and with wide-eyed innocence and sometimes irresponsibly like someone who hasn't been scorned or had a taste of the bitter emptiness that is the last embers of the fire you thought you ignited in someone burning out. But I know you have and believe me I will not be like those Someones you will be nothing less than everything to me and I promise you that. Thank you for treating me better than I ever deserve and hopefully I'll be enough.

"She's the kind of girl that makes you want to gravitate to her. To cling onto her every word and emotion. She makes you want to tell her that she's the most beautiful girl in the world. But for a long time I wanted to tell her all this, to tell her that I love her. Up till now. And now that I can tell her how I feel I feel so lucky. To be able to tell her that she makes me happy and feel so comfortable when I'm with her. And that nothing else matters when she's by my side. That her smile is my remedy and cures my sadness and disparity."

You say you're not good with your words but I think the greater injustice in question here is how you don't give yourself enough credit. And I know you never feel good enough; inadequacy is what cripples me too but it shouldn't cripple you because you are incredible, promise me you won't forget.

No comments: